By Alan Farmer
Endorsed for Edexcel.
Give your scholars the easiest probability of luck with this attempted and validated sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the preferred, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and overview specifications of the 2015 A-level background specifications
- includes authoritative and interesting content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and ways of historians
- presents exam-style questions and information for every correct specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for numerous classes including:
Edexcel: The British event of conflict c.1790-1918
Read or Download Access to History: The British Experience of Warfare 1790-1918 for Edexcel Second Edition PDF
Best uk history books
British tradition this day is the made from a moving mixture of culture and experimentation, nationwide identification and local and ethnic variety. those specific tensions are expressed in a number of cultural arenas, resembling artwork, activity, journalism, type, schooling, and race. This spouse addresses those and different significant features of British tradition, and provides a cosmopolitan figuring out of what it potential to review and consider the varied cultural landscapes of up to date Britain.
In a century of swift social swap, the British humans have skilled global wars, the expansion of the welfare country and the lack of Empire. Charles extra appears at those and different matters in a complete learn of Britains political, financial and social heritage in the course of the 20th century.
During this pioneering and unique publication, Anthony Seldon and David Walsh learn the influence that the general public colleges had at the behavior of the nice struggle, and vice versa. Drawing on clean facts from two hundred prime public faculties and different files, they problem the normal knowledge that it was once the general public institution ethos that brought on pointless discomfort at the Western entrance and in other places.
This publication is a wide-ranging survey of the increase of mass pursuits for democracy and employees' rights in northern England. it's a provocative narrative of the last down of public house and dispossession from position. The e-book bargains ancient parallels for modern debates approximately protests in public house and democracy and anti-globalisation activities.
- Defining John Bull: Political Caricature and National Identity in Late Georgian England
- OCR A Level History: Late Medieval England 1199–1455
- Life in Victorian England
- The Englishwoman's Review of Social and Industrial Questions: 1894: Volume 27 (Routledge Library Editions: The Englishwoman's Review of Social and Industrial Questions)
- Killing England: The Brutal Struggle for American Independence
Additional info for Access to History: The British Experience of Warfare 1790-1918 for Edexcel Second Edition
Access to History: The British Experience of Warfare 1790-1918 for Edexcel Second Edition by Alan Farmer